The White Lion Veterinary Practice was established in the old White Lion public house building in South Hetton in the 1980s, explaining the origins of the name. The building is approximately 170 years old and was originally at the end of a row of terraced houses, serving the local mining community from the South Hetton Colliery. The houses and colliery have long gone but the White Lion still stands and continues to serve to local community.
Knowing the great bond which exists between owner and pet, we strive to treat all pets in our care with compassion, giving them the utmost care and attention at all times. We have dedicated staff who are committed to exceptional client care, our clinical staff undergo CPD through the year to ensure they are up to date with new drugs and treatments. Our services include:
- Good parking facilities which makes your visits to us easier.
- Modern, spacious premises with up to date equipment.
- Dedicated reception staff.
- Appointments and clinics with nursing staff.
- Information and advice readily available for young, middle aged and older pets.
We look forward to welcoming you to our practice.